BOLD & GOLD Instructors make your expedition special.
Our instructors come from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. Despite their differences, they have a few things in common:
- They love exploring our natural world and doing so with other people.
- They have the technical skills, training, and experience to adventure safely in a variety of outdoor settings.
- They love to teach – sharing their passion for teamwork and outdoor adventure is a mission!
- They are engaging, fun, and supportive of all BOLD & GOLD participants.
- They want to make your experience the absolute best it can be!
Want to be an Instructor?
Check out our employment page
On the ground support
At every BOLD & GOLD there are dedicated staff making the programs happen all year round. They are designing trips, working with partners to connect young leaders in their community with programs, getting the equipment, and making the best trail mix combinations ever! Meet some of our program staff:
Our national team works to support local programs across the country
They believe in the power of the wilderness and have dedicated their careers to empowering young people through BOLD & GOLD. Working at different YMCAs across the country, they develop national partnerships, raise scholarship funds, and train staff in the BOLD & GOLD curriculum.
Meet our national team: