Impacting Teens Across the Country
YMCAs across the country are providing tweens and teens with an incredible experience through BOLD & GOLD.
This wilderness leadership program serves teens each summer with opportunities to build confidence, courage, and inclusion awareness. Each trip group is divided into culturally diverse groups of boys and girls ages 11-18 who participate in physical, cognitive, and social-emotional challenges, alongside adventure and teamwork. All the elements of this intentionally designed program help teens develop friendships and foster a sense of belonging, which are critical to their positive youth development journeys.
BOLD & GOLD can fit the size and needs of your Y. Some Ys plan one or two trips for eight teens while other Ys are building their program to offer many trips each summer. Whether backpacking, canoeing, or other wilderness travel, Ys can plan and lead their own trips or work with an existing BOLD & GOLD to bring a group of teens and be joined by experienced, certified trip leaders.
Read past BOLD & GOLD stories here.
BOLD & GOLD Makes a Difference
You are ready to discover BOLD & GOLD if your Y is:
- Passionate about engaging teens as the future leaders in your community.
- Excited about trying new things and inspiring youth.
- Dedicated to creating impactful programming for teens
- Staffed with a teen program director who is well-trained on youth development, cultural lenses, diversity and inclusion, and/or working with youth from all parts of the community.
- Able to demonstrate effective partnerships, collaborations, and relationships with schools or youth-serving organizations in the community.
- Able to raise matching scholarship funds to assist low-income participants
Get Started Today
To get started, reach out to us today to find out more about making an impact on young people’s lives.
Resources for Current Programs
For YMCA staff, detailed information on planning and resource materials can be found here.